Friday, October 31, 2008

It's All About the Heart

A couple of days ago I came across this blog. I read a couple of entries. Apparently this blog was gaining popularity fast and had over 6,000 hits a day. The other day, the author of the blog came forward and admitted that it was all fictional. Some people were really angry. I personally thought it was hilarious and was so impressed she pulled it off. But it got me thinking...that's kind of like how life is sometimes. We can paint any kind of picture we want for others to see. And if we're good enough actors, we can pull it off. And some people do. I saw it on a number of occasions growing up.
This brought me to another question...what's the difference between seeing the glass half full (and thus generally being upbeat and happy)and putting up of a front of how we want people to see us? I thought about this a lot the other day. And then I knew the answer. It's what is in our hearts. It's who we are when no one is looking. If we're choosing to give more weight to the good than the bad, then we're going to feel that whether anyone's watching or not. But if we're simply putting on a show in hopes others will see us as something we may not be, then we'll breathe a sigh of relief once the door is shut.

So, just to clear the air...my children are NOT just pretending. They really are perfect. All.The.Time. What?! You don't believe me?! Fine. See for yourself.


This is what my children are doing 24/7 at home. Come on by and see for yourself. (Um, but before you come by, can you just call and give us an hour's notice so I can clean the house...and bathe my boys...and get them looking cute...and bribe/threaten (one of) them to be nice to each other...and do my make up...and get cute clothes on...)
Yea, cause, around here, we're all about what's in the heart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not that the glass is half full, or half empty. The simple truth is that the glass is the wrong size.

Janae said...

Haha...love it.
Have you seen the blog "Seriously So Blessed"? There's a link from mine. It is another fictional one, making fun of the typical Utah Mormon Mom blog.

Luisa said...

I definitely do not put on a show. So, let me get this straight-- is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Liz Huntsman said...

lol! I love reading your blog! Sometimes, I think your a mind-reader!

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! You are all about what's in the heart, what's wrong with looking good while doing it though right? hahaha! I can't wait to see you over thanksgiving.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the reminder. As my brother's who suffer from addictions, continue to spiral downward, your email was a good reminder that they have good hearts. They are just making bad decisions.
Love you guts!!