Thursday, October 2, 2008

Livin' the Dream

You ask how I am, do you?
All I can say is, I'm livin' the dream.

Don't ask me what the dream is that I'm livin', because I have no clue.
The other day I asked a friend with whom I have not spoken in a couple of years how he was doing, and this was the answer I received. He's living the dream.

What is this dream that people talk of?

Is it waking up at 6am to two onery little boys?
Is it dragging your child out of his friend's house in the midst of a royal tantrum?
Is it getting snot wiped all over your clothes after you've just gotten ready for the day?
Is it asking your child to stop steam rolling your one-year-old for the upteenth time?

If it is, well then, today, I was Livin' the Dream. That's right. Read it and weep.

And here's who I have to thank for the aforementioned Dream Livin'




And I wouldn't change a thing.

(Except maybe the 6am wake up call...and the tantrum throwing...and the snot wiping...and the steam rolling...but those boys, now those boys are keepers!)


How about you, when have you "Lived the Dream"?

11 comments:

Kat said...

oh thats funny!! You didn't mention the snot when I talked to you on the phone!! Gotta love it.

Maren said...

Yup, you are defiantly livin' the dream!

Luisa said...

Did you hear that from Jason? Jason always says he's living the dream. Which in my case, I really can't complain. I am.
(Even with Eden forcing herself to throw up because she thinks it's funny.)

Unknown said...

You have a serious talent for writing. You should try writing children's books. And yes I will get you those recipes. I totally forgot. Give until Tuesday because we are going out of town tomorrow morning until Monday night. Missing you my friend!

Anonymous said...

You are the best mother that I have ever met. Izak and Landon are so lucky to have you. Marrying you was definitely my dream come true, so I guess you could say that I am living the dream as well. I love you Kate, you are my best friend.

Anonymous said...

hmm, sleeping is always good for dreaming. I think I will definately have to come out next weekend to see my adorable buddies!

Anonymous said...

you and your '3' boys are awesome. i wish you were closer to oregon. thanks for posting.....try and increase your posts.......they make my day! love mom

Nancy said...

I found your blog from the McKenzie's, so fun to read about what you guys are up to. I don't get to live this particular dream (except for 2 hours on Sunday's) but I guess we all have our own "dreams"!

Whitni said...

Landon's eyes are soooo pretty and Izak looks so grown up. I hope you are doing well in the Arizona heat. :)

Mike and Jenny said...

Miss you Kate! Your boys are darling despite the tantrums, and snot and all that stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thoughtful thursday where are you! :0)