Monday, October 13, 2008

All I Want for Christmas Is...

Izak: Mommy, can I have a pony for Christmas?
Me: No, because you know the people that are letting us borrow their house? Well, they said we can't have any animals in their house because it'll get the house all dirty.
Izak: Well, I'll just get a really little pony that can fit in my hand so that way I can hold it all day and it won't get the house dirty.
Me: Izak, even little, little ponies are a lot bigger than you.
Izak: They are?!! Well then, how can they be put in a box and wrapped for Christmas?

Danya and Alex (Dave's twin sister and her husband) were kind enough to come visit us this past weekend. It was a lot of fun. They even took us to the state fair where we had the privilege of dining on the BIGGEST corn dogs I've ever seen, I love corn dogs. It was great....

Danya also made Izak promise that he will ask for a pony every year for Christmas.

Izak always remembers his promises. Yea, thanks Danya.



(This picture was taken after I had already eaten half the corn dog, seriously.)


Fairs are the best...Izak loved the animals (okay, none are in this picture because instead of taking a picture of us in front of some BORING animals, I REALLY wanted a picture in front of the cute little barn display, of course!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, Izak knows how to live the dream! Sure do you miss you guys -tell my little buddy not to give up on the things that are important in life (ponies of course)

Anonymous said...

Thats a cute story...Now you really need to get him a pony "one that can fit in his hand" and I would agree with Arie you do look really pretty in that picture...Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Izak...........if you get your folks to come live in Oregon when daddy gets out of school.........Nana will get you a pony!!!!! so start working on that one!!!!

we Love and miss you guys....can't wait until Christmas!!!!!

nana

Anonymous said...

Izak........

poppa just told me that when you get your folks to move to Oregon that he will get Landon a pony to match the pony that Nana is going to get for you...........go to work buddy!

Mike and Jenny said...

Love the fair - looks like a lot of fun. That corn dog is out of control!

Anonymous said...

Forget the ponies, if Izak asks for a hog I'd be more then happy to get one for him. Of course I would hold on to it for him until he is old enough to drive one.

Anonymous said...

Oh David you are so funny. I can't wait to see you guys. I should warn you though that I have turned completely green with envy that Danya and Mom have seen you guys so much and me not once. Tell Izak due to my current condition I cannot be the yellow power ranger I will have to be a witch this Halloween. Love you guys. Give Buddies lots of kisses for me.

Becca

Anonymous said...

missed your Thoughtful Thursday! cant wait to hear from you! loVE YOU!