Thursday, January 29, 2009

You Might Be...


You might be a little too frugal if....
....when your child notices he's the only one without a backpack on his first day of preschool (because his mom's the ONLY one who forgot to buy him one!), instead of asking you to go buy him one, he says maybe he can get one for his birthday or Christmas.

You might not have made the roles clear enough in your home (parent/child) if...
...your child puts you in time out as often as you do him.

You might steal your child's treats a little too often if....
...when he wakes up the next morning and sees that you've eaten almost the entire bag of  his Reeses Pieces he just says, "thank you mommy so much for saving me some!".

You might throw away your child's junk (aka toys) too often if...
...when your child uses all of his money to buy a Mr. Potato Head he tells you how special his new toy is to him and asks you if you will please not throw it away.

And for your viewing pleasure, here is suction-cup boy himself...
What else is a little guy suppose to do for fun since his mom won't stop throwing away all of his toys?

13 comments:

Liz Huntsman said...

LOL!! Haa haa haa... what a cute little guy! He sounds so well behaved too! Maybe I should start throwing away toys and eating all the candy. :)

Alison said...

Love the little hickey-making devices all over his cute face. Just wait until your neighbor sees the all the marks!!

lamack said...

Hilarious! I am always eating my kids candy! I always think to myself, "This is so wrong." But I still do it. You are so funny.

Nikki said...

Ok, seriously, I am going to copy and paste this entire entry into my own blog and call it my own. It will be 100 percent believable that I wrote it... until they get to the picture of the adorable little munchkin that is clearly not mine.

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

Kate, you are the best mom. You can never put yourself in time out too often! I think I need you to come and throw out my toys! It sounds to me like you are raising polite, responsible, grateful boys! If you ever get back here call me and let's get together for a good chat!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!! What a cute kid!

Rowboat said...

this is funny kate!i miss you and your cute kids.

Heidi said...

Kate, I'm jealous. Jealous of your ability to creatively write blog posts! I literally anticipate the next time you'll write because they are so entertaining. Do you offer lessons?

Maren said...

Kate-
I am laughing so hard!

Janae said...

That’s awesome Kate! You’re lucky you have such a sweet boy. I tell my students that I took their “beautiful” pictures home, so they don’t know I threw them away. It’s probably better to be honest, though. You win.

Anonymous said...

Okay........just when I think you can't post anything else that is funny......you find something new to make me smile. thanks for sharing...you and your 3 boys are so sweet. wish you were closer but I am so glad you do your blog....love you, mom

megwrites said...

My favorite is the Reeses Pieces story. I can't believe he said that!

Running Mom said...

So...I'm not the only one who throws away the kids toys? Dang, we're mean!

Especially since they only get them for birthdays and Christmas.

Your post is hillarious cause it's so true for me too. I'm just waiting for the Reese's incident to happen in my home.