Friday, January 23, 2009

Dear Next-Door Neighbor,

Please do not call Child Protective Services on me. I know you were concerned for my child's welfare when you heard blood-curdling screaming for 30 minutes straight this morning with me threatening in the background and finally sitting on my child in order to get the job finished, but I can promise you that it was just another routine hair cut for my son Izak. 

And I'm sure your sense of obligation to call was heightened when you noticed that I left my baby out in the driveway in a stroller sleeping by himself for about 15 minutes.  Despite popular belief, rather than watching The Young and the Restless, I was actually cleaning, calming, and comforting my son while both his bum and stomach were exploding at the same time. 

If we could please just keep these minor incidents between you and I, I would be much obliged. Thank you for your understanding. 

Sincerely,
Kate

P.S.
I tried my hardest to not get throw-up all over your beautifully landscaped rocks while I was washing down our driveway/rocks from another one of my child's eruptions. I hope this will suffice as a peace offering.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man! I am so sorry! I dont think I will complain about an uneventful day for me! And you crack me up! I hope Izak gets feeling better soon! yikes!

Nikki said...

jiminy christmas! I hope he is ok! sounds awful!
Anything I can do?

Anonymous said...

oh sad! poor kid! I was helping my two nephews play with an easy bake oven that my mom bought them for christmas and the littlest one ben threw up all over the counter and in the cake batter. Yuck!!! And his brother was mad because I took away the cake batter. I was dying for my sister to get home to say the least.

Mike and Jenny said...

What a day! Hope you are all recovering from your various traumas!

Alison said...

I hope you have something good to watch on tv tonight.

If you don't... call me. I just got a couple of netflix movies that might interest you.

:-)

Toni said...

Ok, you are hilarious! What a treat it is for me to read your posts. I hope everyone gets better soon.

Kat said...

Oh no. That sounds like a BAD day.

Anonymous said...

I am an occasional blog stalker (It's true) and found you through the marathon mommies-congrats on your marathon! After reading your post to your neighbors I had to write a comment-I am still laughing hysterically over it, mostly because I can relate all too well! It can only get better, right? N

Liz Huntsman said...

LOL! I feel the same way most days! (My neighbor ... who has no children ... even asked me why my 2 year old had so many bruises on his legs. When I told her he just plays and falls ... she insisted she's babysat lots of kids with no bruises.) I'm so sorry about the flu though. It's the worst thing ever. Good luck! (I just love reading your blog!! CONGRATS ON YOUR MARATHON ... by the way!!!)

Heidi said...

I love the way you just lay it all out there. You make it seem less horrible than it probably was. Thanks for sharing your stories of things I have to look forward to in the future!

Karen Decker said...

I love your writing style! Hope you can have one of those so-called 'normal' days soon. Not YOUR kind of 'normal' but an uneventful 'normal'.

Rowboat said...

kate you're cute. look at all these people loving and slobbering all over your blog. i don't blame them. i would too.

Harvey Family said...

That is no fun! They looked to have recovered at the park today! I heard you are coming to the zoo on Friday! Ya! I'm excited!

Mike and Jenny said...

Kate-
We have homemade pizza at least once a week too! We LOVE the pizza dough from Fresh & Easy - SO good. Use 2 1/4tsp yeast in place of the 1/4 oz pkg listed on the recipe. I've never tried wheat flour but I imagine it would work. I guess just add more water or flour until the dough is the right consistency. What kind of homemade pizza do you make?

Nilda Noel said...

LOL. That is so sad and funny as all get out, all at the same time! I'm sorry he got sick. I hope nobody comes after you for being a good mom.