Saturday, January 17, 2009

5 LOOONG Hours

So I went this morning to pick up my number and timing chip.
I wasn't prepared for it.
I walked into the Phoenix Convention Center and then it hit me.
Out of nowhere I started to cry.
I just couldn't believe that I am about to accomplish a huge life goal for myself.
It was a surreal moment.

And then I was rescued.
My children saved me from public humiliation.
I mean, seriously, who cries when they pick up their number?
So, being concerned children for my welfare, they decided to distract me. 
By fighting.
And running wildly among thousands of people.
And falling head first out of the stroller.
And screaming.

And then all I cared about was finding the closest exit.
And putting my children into their 5-point straight jackets so there would be no more fighting, falling, and running.

But, I'll have 5 hours tomorrow to cry.
I had planned on only 3 hours, but have reevaluated my goal and will now be shooting for 5 hours instead.
I mean, think about it, there will be THOUSANDS of people finishing in a measly 3 hours, but only HUNDREDS finishing in 5 hours. 
That obviously can only mean one thing.
Some people can only hack it for 3 hours, while I can go on and on and on for another 2 hours.
Now THAT is real talent.

And you know what they say, if you've got it, flaunt it.
With a ballerina jump/pose while crossing the finish line.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I get emotional about things like that to. Good Luck and have fun!

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON!!Maybe coming in 5 hours will give you a better chance of being on tv when they air it on the 31st :)

Alison said...

You go girl!!!

I'm so excited for you! Good luck - I'll be thinking about you.

lamack said...

That is some great logic! 5 hours is definitly a better choice. That way more of the runners can be weeded out by then, and more people can observe you doing your ballet pose across the finish line! You you finished any earlier. . . you just might not be as seen. Very smart.

lamack said...

I meant to say "If you" and not "You you" but I have brain damage . . .

Nikki said...

I love your logic! consider, however, that if you take an entire 24 hour day - they will do a special about you on Dateline.
think about it...

Toni said...

Hilarious! I will be thinking of you today! Good luck!

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Good for you. That is amazing. I also agree that it takes real talent to run the extra 2 hours, I am more impressed with your time then theirs.

Nilda Noel said...

You are too funny. Now that I got my computer back I'm going to stalk your blog. I'm very proud of you for doing it. I've always wanted to, but never done it. Maybe some day, but as I get older I'm not so sure.