Tuesday, December 16, 2008

White Coat Ceremony

Sorry it's been a little while since I last posted. My computer broke and that darn Dave for some reason needs his at school, so I'm computerless. Needless to say, this post is a little overdue....

Dave recently had his white coat ceremony. And it's just as it sounds. He got a white coat. At a ceremony. Who knew that getting a white coat was such a big deal? Well now you and I do. It's apparently your official induction into the health care profession. It was a really nice ceremony. But for Dave, it was extra special. I'll let the pictures portray the transformation for themselves....

Presenting the Old, Boring David Martell....


Notice the darkness that surrounded the old David Martell

And the light that encompasses the New & Improved David MITCHELL




In honor of the new & improved student doctor David Mitchell, I thought it only appropriate to articulate what this change has brought into David's life and the new skills he has acquired...


A dancer


A musician


A beautician


Amazing super-human strength (what, you think just anyone can hang from a tree like that?)


And last, but DEFINITELY not least, he can now slip in and out of Hook character at the drop of a hat





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry... I can't help myself...

I know I promised you that I would try not to say stupid things anymore... but...

Didn't David Mitchell have a pretty significant role in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping?

I'll post as anonymous! :-)

Alison said...

Yea for Dave!!!! That is awesome!

You need a super hero cape!

Mike and Jenny said...

Congrats!! I remember when my brother had his white coat ceremony, it IS a big deal. You guys look great in the pics. And what were you thinking having a broken computer? I can't wait this long between posts, I was going insane!!! As for the other job, I was recruited to develop all of their social service programs. We're going home to WA for Christmas, how about you? Sad the marathon's a no go.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes I saw that I posted and freaked out thinking "When did I do that!" ha ha you ahve another friend who spells her name the same as me how awesome is she!!!! I am with Anonymous on this one...David Mitchell??? Other than the wierd new name thats pretty darn awesome!!! Oh and your back ground is so CUTE! Miss you guys wish I could have been to your white coat ceremony...! YOU ROCK DAVE!

Nancy said...

Wow Dave! I am impressed with you many skills! Although I think Izak may have you beat at the music thing- that look of concentration on his face is intense!
Ps. thanks for the cookies last night, they were yummy.

kate said...

rest assured anonymous, the infamous kidnapper of said elizabeth smart was actually BRIAN david mitchell, and my husband's new name is simply just david mitchell. an obviously HUGE difference from the kidnapper himself.

Luisa said...

Kate-- I think you left off the skills that you enjoy the most!

Toni said...

Ok, I just found your blog (I was spelling your name wrong) and you are HILARIOUS!!!! Congrats on the white coat Dave!