Thursday, December 4, 2008

Friendships


Lately I've been hearing a lot of people talk about how it's difficult to make friends when you move to new places. I just don't get that. We moved to Arizona about 6 months ago and it really hasn't been hard at all. I guess I just don't understand why people have that hard of a time making friends. It seems pretty simple to me. So, since it apparently seems to be harder for others than for me, I'll share my good fortune and pass along my infinite wisdom on the subject (free of charge):

Step 1: Have a Baby
Step 2: Make sure the Baby you have is really cute
Step 3: Direct that Baby in the direction of those with whom you would like to become BFFs
Step 4: Allow your Baby a few minutes to work his magic on your soon-to-be BFFs
Step 5: Casually walk over to your Baby and unsuspecting victim and nonchalantly begin to lure them into conversation with you.
Step 6: If they appear to be bored with the topic of conversation, offer to allow them to hold said Baby and talk about the Baby until you have their full attention once more
Step 7: Repeat steps 3-6 as often as needed to gain the friendships of your new BFFs


If by chance you are unable/unwilling to properly execute Steps 1&2 I will allow you to borrow this Baby (for a nominal fee) as he has proven himself very capable of the task at hand.

16 comments:

Kat said...

I had no idea thats all it takes, I'll have to get right on that!

Anonymous said...

thats are really cute picture of Landon!

Making friends sounds like to much effort :0)

Charity said...

So where do I sign up to borrow/rent this baby? It might be a pretty long commute for you....

Brewer's Ink said...

Nice try, but your new friends like you and your cute baby independently of each other. You have friends because of your own merits! Although Landon did melt my heart the other day in Sunday School when he came over and laid his head down on my lap. Too sweet!

Maren said...

Landon is great because his love comes free of charge, no expectations no serious needs to be met. Just hold him and love him and (the best part for me) send him back to his mom when he has needs. I wish I could do this with my own kids.
PS We like you with or without Landon!

Maren said...

PS you should rent him to elderly people for a service project!

Alison said...

WHATEVER... Jeanette and Maren are too kind!

It is Landon... alllllllll Landon! I don't like knowing that he LOVES everyone... I thought I was special!

*grin & wink*

Liz Huntsman said...

LOL! I need to try that one! :)

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS PICTURE OF YOUR BABY! He is so cute!

Heidi said...

I have noticed since having Jaxen that strangers just can't help but comment on how cute he is, which then leads into an adult conversation in baby talk. Hey, it's still a conversation! Landon is a cutie pie but Jaxen must be cuter because I just hold him and people come! Maybe it's me and not him?!

misa_kay said...

Both your babies are soo cute! I am lucky and blessed to have them in my life! More importantly, we are all so blessed to have YOU in our lives! I love you so much Kate!

Anonymous said...

I knew I had missed something!! I had 10 really really cute really really adorable babies but I forgot about using them to make friends......darn...I don't think I am ready to try having another one so I guess I will just have to wait for another great idea on how to make friends.......I am glad that you had such 2 such CUTE boys to help you out. Can't wait to see them ( and you and Dave) for Christmas!!! love you!

Chelle and Aaron said...

Ah, the baby is the key. Dang, we have been going about this all wrong. Can we possibly arrange for you to ship said baby to Colorado?

Mike and Jenny said...

Kate, are you still coming to Vegas for the marathon in January? Then I can meet Landon and possibly use him to get some friends...

Anonymous said...

Kate, Please Email me that picture of Landon. I know I'll be able to make a friend everytime I show it to someone!!! Love, Mamma

Grandma Catherine said...

Kate, How could anyone not want to be your friend, even without your darlig baby boys! They are growing up so quickly and so cute! Keep blogging so that I can keep up.

Toni said...

Well, Landon does have the magic. That is why me and my girls (and my husband and son as well) have fallen 100% in love with him. And Kate, you're not so bad yourself. :)