Monday, December 1, 2008

Amazing House Guests



So our thanksgiving was fabulous. We had a lot of great family here who understood my incapacity to properly cook a tasteful Thanksgiving dinner, so they did what any good-hoping-to-eat-some-edible-food people would do-they cooked it themselves. They were wonderful!!! It was great and I'm hoping to lure them all back here again next year because it was SO much fun and they were such great cooks (not to mention the amazing cleaner-uppers).

The downfall was the HUGE messes to clean up....



I mean, seriously, was it too much to ask just one of our guests to be responsible to watch our child (and clothe him)?



And really, how did it go unnoticed that our children weren't really sleeping at all?

So, if our lovely guests could please watch our children a little more attentively next time, that would be just great...

How was your Thanksgiving?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That family picture is GREAT! Everyone looks great! Finally a post from you!!! But I understand you've been a busy woman! I am so glad you had an excellent Thanksgiving, and that picture of Landon in the butter is the best! I got a good chuckle from that one! Thanks for posting I was missing you!

Brewer's Ink said...

Kate - I love the pictures of the kids! Erik and I get great pleasure watching you with your boys at church. It reminds us so much of when our girls were little. Of course we're still in that stage! By the way, you played beautifully on Sunday. I was in the primary room listening over the speakers, and when you started your piano solo, Jalen Andrew started humming and hummed himself to sleep. So thank you. Thank you. He slept all the way through Sunday School, so I actually got to hear the lesson for once.

Janessa Taylor said...

That's the BEST thing about Thanksgiving...I almost have to do NO cooking...as of yet. I just brought a side--cranberry relish...so easy!! Glad you had fun! Mine was great too.

Harvey Family said...

I don't believe you don't cook! That pumpkin pie you guys brought over was DELICIOUS!!! Ryan was so happy because his mom skipped out on pie this year and that is his all time favorite! So thank you guys so much! That was really sweet!

April said...

Sheesh, some people's kids, huh?

P.S. It's a good thing they are soo dang cute! :)

lamack said...

You are so hilarious! I've been missing your posts! Have you ever thought about writing a book or something? You are quite the writer! Let me know if you ever do, I will buy it for sure!:)

Alison said...

Just so you know...

I've started a draft of my bribing proposal for your amazing house guests... I want them next Thanksgiving at my house!

One more thing...

you are GIVING pies away???? Seriously? Humph!!!