Thursday, November 13, 2008

Super Heroes

Just a few short thoughts for tonight...

Super heroes are great, aren't they? There have been a few super heroes in my life...

My dad has always been a super hero of mine. He always saw the good in me, and made sure to remind me of it.
During my teenage years, there was an older man in our ward. Every time he saw me he would call me "Beautiful" and give me a hug. He made me feel beautiful.
My husband who makes me feel beautiful now.
My mission companions who loved me despite my shortcomings, my many, many shortcomings.
My siblings who always accept and love me the way I am.
Speaking of super heroes, check out these bad boys....


(Pay no attention to the clothe-less child, this was in between changing of the clothes-for the millioneth time that day)
Today my friend Shelly was kind enough to patiently help me make some "super hero" capes for my boys. Izak insisted his be red like Superman and Landon's be black like Batman. I'm excited to make them their masks to go with it...

I love Super Heroes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! Good job~!

Mike and Jenny said...

Fun! I bet the boys love their superhero capes. Will you make me one? Miss you.

Alison said...

Love the capes!!! Such cute capes for such cute boys.

BTW... Bradley's cape should obviously have a B. Just in case you were wondering...

Heidi said...

Kate, I hope I can be a fun mom like you. You're great!!

Dave and Shelly said...

I'm glad we have 2 more superhero's in the neighborhood. I feel so much safer. Can't wait to do something fun again. Have fun with your family.

Unknown said...

who doesn't love a good superhero to come in and save the day? They are so cute! I am impressed with your sewing skills!