Sunday, May 31, 2009

Izak turns 4...and a 1/2

In honor of Izak's Half-Birthday (on June 2nd) here are a few stories about Izak:

Last week Izak, as a consequence, had to go out in the backyard and move rocks from one side of the house to the other (there's only so much physical labor you can have your child do with a backyard full of rocks). This process usually takes him about 10-15 minutes. Izak came back in the house within about 1 minute. I asked him if he had already moved his rocks and he told me he had. He then explained that he put all of the rocks into his dump truck and moved them all at once. 

The other day Dave and Izak were talking about mommies and daddies. Dave told Izak that you don't become a Mommy/Daddy until you're old. Izak said, "Well, Mommy's not old. Why are only Daddies old?" to which Dave responded that parents are old so they can learn how to be nice, have patience, and teach their children. And then Izak said, "Well, sometimes Mommy doesn't talk nice to me.". 
I'm not sure which is worse-being called old or your child saying you don't always talk nice to him.
I'm just kidding...it's obviously worse to be called old, sorry Dave!

And on a random side note: What does it mean if the only words my son knows how to spell (besides "Izak" and "Mom") are "poo" and "pee"?

We sure love Izak!

7 comments:

Rowboat said...

haha that cracked me up! what a funny little boy using his dump truck to move the rocks. what a smarty pants. and i love that he said that about you and dave. guess he calls you guys out on things. i'm going to be really nice and look pretty next time i see him.

and don't you think it's a weird coincidence that the only words YOU can write are the only ones izak can write? hmmm...i feel like there's a point there but i can't figure it out just yet.

Alison said...

Oh my goodness... you have a son besides Landon???? *wink*

If Izak thinks you are old, what does he think about me??? Don't answer that.

Nikki said...

Happy half-ers Izak!
... and if it is not too personal = what is the transgression that warrants that punishment - just curious - I think I'd like to use it sometime, and I don't want to abuse the privilege

Jody LaFlamme said...

So funny what a smart kid!

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

Kate, I love the rock moving idea for a consequence! Now you will have to tell him how many truck loads he will need to move. What a good problem solver and smart child. He seems too young to be thinking about all of these things. I have to say that I just love that boy! My friend's ten year old son just told her he belonged to the meanest family due to no video games, chores and 30 minutes of piano a day. And then her four year old threatened to run away due to the maltreatment. So you are in good mother company! I reminded her of what we told our kids when they threatened to run away. You can go, but when you do you have to leave the family the same way you entered it, with no clothes! I am telling you that for future ammunition. Thanks for following my blog.

Heidi said...

That's what you get for raising a smart kid! Miss you guys. Isn't it amazing how a 4 year olds opinion is so blunt, yet often very true? Love it!

Isaiah and Emily Smith Family said...

At least he was just tattling to Dave about your not nice talking instead of your bishop!