Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kids Adults Say the Darndest Things

Male relative: Kate, are you pregnant?
Me: (child is already 1 1/2 years old and NOT pregnant) Why, do I look pregnant?
Male relative: Um, um, well, yeah, kind of.
Me: No, male relative, I am not.


Costco worker (while looking at my costco id): Is this you?
Me: Yes. I know, bad picture huh? (Who has a good Costco picture, tell me that!)
Costco worker: Wow. That is bad. I thought it was your mom.
Me: Oh really? (Apparently, it looks much worse than I gave myself credit for.)
Costco worker: Yeah, that is really bad. (As she gets the attention of fellow worker) Look at this, isn't that such an awful picture?! It totally looks like her mom. Wow, that's bad!


So, in honor of ONLY turning 30 (and not my mom's age!) and NOT being pregnant, I will be flying my bad self to New York City on July 16th!

And just for your viewing pleasure, I went ahead and scanned my Costco picture into my computer so you can see it for yourself. 

12 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy birthday? I have no clue when it is?
Congrats on the big trip. (no exclamation point - cause I am totally jealous)
so sorry about that sad (gorgeous) costco pic.

Jody LaFlamme said...

That is not a bad picture at all! Happy birthday! have a ton of fun on your trip. I have been dying to go back there!

Nancy said...

Dang I wished my Cosco picture looked that bad! I'm surprised they even said anything, you can hardly tell that mine is a person at all!
Wish I was going to NY! What are you going to do?

Toni said...

First of all, whoever said you looked pregnant is obviously CRAZY! Did you let him know that you just ran a friggin' marathon!!! And I look like I'm possessed on my Costco pic. Seriously. Glowing eyes. And NYC?? You know I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

K please say that was a teenager at Costco!!! and if it wasnt who the heck does that! I totally agree my Costco pic looks horrible and I have yet to see a good one! And the prego thing...your male relative is a goof! (and a male thus explains it! :0)....

I am just glad I get to see you this summer....New York will be fun for you! Go 30!

megwrites said...

That is so crazy.
Isabel told me the other day that I look pregnant!

Kat said...

You have got to be kidding me! Did the Costco worker honestly say that?!?! That is crazy! Good for you taking your big bad self to NYC!

Heidi said...

I have an idea, just stop going places and you'll stop getting stupid comments! Like on the plane, or at Costco. Become a Hermit Crab. It's amazing how people can be so tacky and seriously not even know it!! Love Ya Kate

Shannon said...

Did the Costco worker really say that? How rude! I like the picture. Some people have no tack. I like your title too. HE HE. I was back and forth how to spell "darndest". It didn't look right. Obviously it has a "d" in it. New York ...totally jealous. I was going to go last year with my sis and the timing was off. Have lots of fun!!

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

I cannot believe anyone would ask you if you are pregnant. You do not even look pregnant when you are. What is your relative, blind? You still look fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

wow.......I am so excited....if you look like your mom then your mom is REALLY cute!!!! (and hot, too)...thanks so much! love, mom

Nilda Noel said...

Happy Birthday! How do you have that as your Costco picture (or is that a joke too). I can't believe someone said that. I mean I can believe it, but shouldn't be able to. What is this world coming to. I remember getting my picture at Sam's and I asked them not to take the picture that day and I'd come back when I actually did something with myself and the guy snuck it in and did it. So, well, I'm pretty sure I win for the "bad" picture on a membership card. Love your posts...you crack me up...we need to do dinner!