Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And So It Begins

So, I've decided to put into action my goal to "one day" run a marathon. I'm now training to run a marathon on Jan. 3rd just outside of Las Vegas (so Jenny and Betsy, I sure do hope to see you guys while I'm there!!). In any case, I've only been training for a couple of weeks now, but so far, so good.
Or as good as it can be considering I have to train the whole time while pushing both Izak and Landon. And let me tell you, more than the physical pushing of the two is the constant mediating between them. But, the other day, I had a non-mediation run with the boys and I swear I ran 5 minutes/mile faster!

Let me give you a little glimpse into how it is running with Izak and Landon....

Pant, Pant, "Izak, keep good space", Pant, Pant, "Izak, you need to keep good space", Pant, Pant, "Izak if you keep good space we can go swimming (or to the park or watch a movie or get a cookie....) when we get home", Pant, Pant, "Izak, remember you're trying to earn your reward", Pant, Pant, "Izak, if you don't stop pushing (or touching or smashing or hitting) Landon you're going to have to have a time out when we get home", Pant, Pant, "Izak, stop touching Landon right now" (In not the most pleasant voice ever).

Times that by 100 and you've got the idea. Seriously. But we've got to do something while Dave is at school for 12 hours a day, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I've essentially read this before. I was still excited to see you posted on your blog!
LU

Kat said...

That is funny. It made me laugh because I could totally picture it and its so true to life!

Mike and Jenny said...

Kate, I was laughing so hard when I was reading the excerpt from your running dialogue. Brought back happy memories from Wasatch - saying those same things constantly to the kids in group or the summer program. I miss it and I miss you. Makes me giggle!

Chelle and Aaron said...

You are amazing. I'm so proud of you for training for a marathon. i have played with the idea for a long time but not yet committed to more than a half. We'll see...how is Dave liking school?