Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Nose Is Growing

I've never understood those parents that lie to their children. You know, like about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, stuff like that...
So a couple of weeks ago Dave taught Izak that if he yells "Alicazip" it will open/close the garage door. So anytime we're going somewhere now, Izak will yell "Alicazip" and the garage door magically opens/closes. Well, the other day I was in the kitchen and I heard Izak in the garage yelling "Alicazip" over and over again. Each time Izak yelled "Alicazip" he got louder and louder trying to convince that door to close. A few minutes later, Izak finally came in with a confused look of defeat on his little face. He explained to me that he had been yelling "Alicazip" to close the garage door but it wouldn't close and inquired as to why it wasn't working. So, I told him the truth.
He OBVIOUSLY wasn't yelling loud enough.

9 comments:

Mike and Jenny said...

I love it Kate! Your boys are too cute! Wish I were closer so I could hang out with you during the day! How are you liking AZ so far?

April said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!

Rowboat said...

your boys are too cute. i want to hear izak yelling that. i can't believe you guys are RICH enough to have a remote control garage door. i dream about having that some day...

Anonymous said...

Kate I miss you!..that is so funny and I can totally see him doing that! Of course he wasnt yelling loud enough!:) Nice one Dave! I know of no better "Teaser" than you!

Betsy Fowler said...

hahahhahah - yeay Kate. Does this mean that when you told me that whenever the icecream truck plays music it means its out of ice cream isn't true either?

Janessa Taylor said...

That's hilarious :) I can't wait to LIE to my kids!!! hhaahaaa

Anonymous said...

Honey Whole wheat bread and whole wheat tortillas?! Yum! I am impressed, you're turning into quite a domestic goddess!

Unknown said...

What a cute little buddy I have! I miss you guys so much! I can't wait to see you at thanksgiving! I have the whole week off of work, so you better be expecting to see me all week long. Haha! I love you!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Love it!