Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nomads No More

After being homeless for way too long, we have finally settled into our new home. We're super excited about our new house as it has many features that we have never before experienced. Here are some of the highlights of our new home, just to name a few:
1. 2 car garage
2. a fenced back yard
3. a walk in closet
4. bathrooms INSIDE the home
5. washer/dryer
6. running water

The list could go on, but you get the picture...speaking of pictures, here are a few (okay, a lot-so you don't have to check them out if you don't want to as I'm sure we're more excited about our new home than you are-so we won't be offended)...


Don't be fooled, it's only clean because of my lack of cooking abilities


You know you've never had a dining room table when your 3-year-old says you're having a party every time you eat at the table instead of the counter


Dave's throne


Landon's not even sleeping in the bottom bunk yet, but has already fallen off more times than I can count


Spare bedroom for when YOU come to visit us!


Where Dave will learn how to become a doctor


Our dresser weighs 400 lbs alone-no joke!


Our couches passed the test-Dave's mom sat on them instead of the floor!


Monkey bathroom for the monkey boys


Our patio (in the backyard)-Dave's perfected the art of grilling


Izak and Dave's babysitter

14 comments:

torch said...

Awesome! What's a "thone"? I'm so glad you posted pictures for ME! It looks so nice. I love the bunkbed and that Izak thinks you are having a party sitting at the table. By the way, what did you do with the stools? You know we wanted them back, right?

Betsy Fowler said...

YEAY!!!!! kate it looks so great! I'm so happy you guys have such a great place - I especially liked teh "guest room" hee hee :)

Anonymous said...

NICE! Were so excited for this weekend so we can see it in person it looks great! The pool looks like alot of fun..! See you soon!

Rowboat said...

man everything is so nice!i can't believe how big it is. like a wide and spacious building...
seriously, your place looks great! i am so happy for you, and hope i get to visit soon. your descriptions cracked me up! love you.

Janae said...

Yeah! How exciting! I’m very jealous of your home, it’s beautiful! I am just counting down the years until Tyler FINALLY graduates and we can get into a house. He keeps saying he only has a year left, but I’ll believe that when I see it…
Congrats on the new house!

lamack said...

Oh my cow! Forget our new house, can we come live with you guys? What a beautiful place! You are so hilarious by the way. With you and Dave together I bet your children are all going to be hilarious too. I bet it is a riot at your house all of the time.

The Matthews Family said...

Hi! I just read your comment on our blog. Yes, we are living in Glendale and my husband is going to Midwestern! What a neat coincidence! And I love your home! We are just living in the apartments across the street from campus.

Anonymous said...

Hey its a AWESOME as the pictures look! Kate and Dave have a great home and thanks for sharing it with us for a few days its been SO MUCH FUN! The guest bedroom is great.that bed is so comfy!

April said...

Your new home is sooooo cute Kate! Nice work! Hope you guys are all settled in and getting used to the new routine! I'm sad I won't get to see you when we go to church with David's parents!

megwrites said...

It looks really nice! I am so excited for you guys. We will have to come visit sometime (in the winter). My favorite would be the backyard and the pool!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks amazing! I am so excited to see it in person. I can't believe how big the boys are. You must skype me soon.k. What do you want us to bring for thanksgiving? Seriously the house looks great. You did a great job picking out really cute furniture.

Love ya much,
Becca

Unknown said...

I especially like the new ibook that you guys have in your room. The house looks beautiful though, I can't wait to see it during thanks giving.

Mike and Jenny said...

Kate!!!

I love your new house, it's so nice! How far apart are we now? I miss you, let's visit soon.

Jennifer

Unknown said...

Love your comment about parties and dinner tables. Whenever I ask E. to brush her hair she asks me if we are going somewhere. I just have to tell her we usually get ready every day... blah blah blah. Oh about cooking. Get a crock pot. I have some good and super easy recipes for that thing. Let me know if you want them.