Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another 10 things...but I'll count it as 20 since it's so stinkin' long!

12. When I was a teenager I had a thing for behinds.
14. I once grabbed the lead singer's behind from "Better than Ezra".
16. My sister and I were once mooning drunks at a bar across the parking lot from our hotel room. Long story short, a police officer woke up our coach (we were on a cross country trip) and the coach and police officer came to our room...
18. One time during cross country practice, I was pretending to grab our coach's behind and at that exact moment he turned around. Did I mention he was a preacher? He quit coaching girls the next year.
20. So, since the preacher quit, the next year we had a new cross country coach. By the end of the season he cussed my best friend and I out in front of the whole team and told us we were the "cancer" of our team. He quit coaching girls the next year.
22. I ran cross country for 3 years in high school-I use to have the 3rd fastest time in the school history (3 miles in 20 minutes)-but then my little sister blew my time out of the water!
24. I love sports, basically any kind of sports. Raquetball, volleyball, running, biking, triathlons, waterpolo, swimming, softball, etc. Unfortunately, I have had WAY TOO MANY very embarrassing moments doing sports, though I would consider myself a naturally athletic, coordinated person, but maybe that's just what I like to think...
26. Last year I played on a city league softball team through my work. I was running to first base and somehow got my legs tangled up and full on supermanned (is that a word?) it. I literally did a full on face-plant. I didn't even make it all the way to the base, I just layed there on the ground, laughing hysterically. Luckily, I was close enough to the base that the other team didn't realize that I hadn't actually reached the base.
28. A couple of years ago I was on a volleyball team. I hadn't played volleyball since I was a freshman in high school, which was about 5 years. My team was VERY competitive and serious. It was my turn to serve the ball so I threw the ball up in the air and then hit the ball. I forgot a VERY important part in the act of serving. I forgot to take a STEP when I served. My feet got all tangled up and I biffed it face down on the floor. I wasn't ever invited to play on their team again.
30. While at Ricks I decided to try my luck at waterpolo. You can imagine my surprise when I noticed that a guy that my roommates thought was really cute was on the waterpolo team. We were practicing treading water when this "cute" guy started talking to me. I couldn't wait to get home and tell my roommates that I spent the night talking with the boy they thought was so hot. I was imagining how jealous they would be when all of a sudden I heard everyone yelling. I then realized they were all yelling at me. Needless to say, while I was talking to this guy, the team had formed a circle and had started passing weights around the circle that you had to hold above your head and then pass them on. The person next to me was holding them waiting for me to take them. Completely flustered, I quickly grabbed the weights. (Let me insert here that it is fairly easy to just sit there treading water-it's another thing to hold 30 lb weights above your heard while treading water-you have to have your legs going MUCH faster in order to do this-for which I was NOT prepared) Next thing I knew I was at the bottom (of the deep end!) of the pool and the guy that handed me the weights was taking the weights from me, and the "cute" guy was grabbing me around the waist and pulling me back up to the top.

6 comments:

Luisa said...

remember when I yelled to Cricket "Do it for the sex tonight!" to motivate her running and Coach Frank was right there. Yah, he loved that. Also how when we would do Indian runs and smack people on the bum. Oh, and the time I wrote the fake Secret Admirer note to Mr. Lind. That was a hit as well. I was such a great kid! Good thing you had me to set such a good example.

Unknown said...

Every time I read this I laugh so hard. You are so funny Kate. Let's be serious though, you still go around slapping everyone's booty.

Kat said...

Kate, I totally remember the water polo story where you sank, but I for the life of me cannot remember who the cute guy was! Do you remember? Since I am sure that I was one of the 2 ( Ladessa being the other) roommates that thought he was so hot.

kate said...

kat,
you bet you and ladessa were the two lovely roommates-i can't remember the name of that guy, i just remember he was in our visual arts class...

Chelle and Aaron said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I can think of at least 5 more falling stories from just a few months together in Brazil. You are one of the few people I ever met who is as clumsy as I am...

kate said...

michelle-shh! don't let that secret out about my clumsiness-i swear it was just a brazil thing cause i haven't had nearly the amount of problems walking here as i did there (or maybe it was my awful stinkin old (remember when i had to fight the shoe owner not to throw my shoes away?!)shoes that i wore...)...good to hear from you!