Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thinking of You

Call me crazy but I've got this rule. The rule is that if I've lived in a place for over two years, any mail that comes (for the previous owners) in my mailbox, now belongs to me. I don't care whose name is on it. So, you'd better believe that today when I checked my mailbox and there was a hand written card (for the previous owners), I was so excited! A card, no matter whose name is on the envelope, is exciting. Right? Right? So, I opened it. And like most hand written cards, it did not disappoint. Here it is....


And this is what was written on the inside (took a picture, but it didn't turn out)....
"Missed seeing you at church. Hope you both are doing better. Jenny & Debbie"


I did mention that we've lived here over two years, right? I can just imagine their conversation now....

Debbie: Hey Jenny, you know who I haven't seen in 2 years a few weeks?
Jenny: Who Debbie?
Debbie: Gertrude and George.
Jenny: You're absolutely right Debbie! They haven't been here in 2 years a couple of weeks have they? I wonder if they're okay.
Debbie: I remember that 2 years a few weeks ago they were feeling a little under the weather, I hope they're doing better.
Jenny: Hey, I have an idea! Lets send them a card to let them know we're thinking of them and hope they're doing better.
Debbie: Ingenious Jenny!

8 comments:

Alison said...

i sooooooooo wish i knew someone from your old ward. i'd have them send you a "thinking of you" card... seriously!!!

you crack me up!

oh, and just so you know... texts at midnight tend to scare the life out of me. just saying!

Scott and Jillian said...

Oh my word! That is too funny! I hope they are feeling better, too.

And...texts at midnight don't scare me, 'cause I'm probably still up! ;)

Nikki said...

Two things:
1. that card was sent from her VT (who has been reporting for two years that she is just feeling under the weather, but I have been dropping off treats and the message...")
2. Let me know how the State Pen is. Maybe you will see Wesley Snipes there?! See ya on the chain gang...

Anonymous said...

I am not in to all the texting lingo but LOL! :0)

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

You are sooooo veryyyyy funny! I miss your daily humor! We still get mail, handwritten at times, for the son of the people who we bought our house from 20 years ago!

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

I agree, a card in the mail, no matter who its for is ALWAYS exciting. Always. So, I'm back from Vegas, and I totally did NOT get my frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity 3, que lastima. And I do NOT like going to Vegas, especially with 2 kids! Ok, now that I've written you an email on your blog... we'll have to get together soon. Love ya!

mid said...

https://www.tribunnews.com/nasional/2015/12/25/tips-dan-trik-agar-kta-lolos-dari-bi-checking