Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'll Never Know



The question just keeps haunting me....

Why?

Why did he forget....
That he was loved by me and so many others.


Why didn't he remembered what he himself wrote to me...
"I know that Jesus Chirst lives and is our Redeemer"?


Why didn't he understand that there is always hope...
That anything can change if we but make it happen?


Why wouldn't he respond these past few months....
When I would email him to see how he was doing?


And I just keep thinking....

I wish.

I wish I could hug him just one last time....
And remind him that he was one of my very dearest friends.

I wish I could help him see the person I saw....
Who was such an amazing person in so many ways.

I wish he had the understanding and hope that I have....
That anything we are not content with in our lives, we have the power to change.

But he is gone.

And I will forever miss him.

11 comments:

Toni said...

Kate....I have no idea what has happened, but I want you to know that I you are in my prayers.

Janae said...

I love this post.
And I have so many similar questions myself...

Alison said...

My heart is breaking in to many pieces...

Sending love, hugs and prayers your way!

Nikki said...

I am really sorry, Kate. I feel terrible for you, and I am not even sure what I am feeling terrible about. I just wish I could give you a hug. Let me know if there is anything at all that I can do? The boys are welcome to come and play anytime!

Nancy said...

I guess I'm in the same unknowing boat as some of the other commenters. But I am thinking about you.

Betsy Fowler said...

I'll miss him too Kate.
It's haunting and hard to fathom.
I am so, so sorry.
You were, and are, a fantastic friend.

Anonymous said...

Not good! I am sorry. I left a message on your phone, call me when you feel like it! Love you.

Chelle and Aaron said...

I am so sorry.

Brewer's Ink said...

There is a place somewhere between the brain and the emotions that doesn't always work the way it should. Not everything can be fixed in this life.
While we're left with the questions and the sadness, add this to your testimony, that Heavenly Father knows and understands the WHY. He understands the glitches inside each of us, and knows how to love and help His children in the before, the now, and the after.
I love you. I'll be thinking about you, and praying for you to find peace.

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

You will be in my prayers and thoughts. It sounds as though you have lost soemone very close to you and I am so sorry. I don't know what to say but know that i am sending my love.

Harvey Family said...

Hey Kate! You have been on my mind a lot lately and I know that although so much does not make sense here on earth, we always can rely on our Heavenly Father's love for ALL of his children. You are such an amazing person and you are in my prayers! Love ya:)