Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Three Truths and a Lie

So, as I'm sure you all can tell, I've been having quite the dry spell with my entries lately. The other day Dave and I were playing the "Two truths and a Lie" game over text messaging. I decided to give it a try on my blog. Since I have NUMEROUS stories I could tell, I decided to make it three truths instead of two. And I decided that all of these stories will come from my college years. If you are someone that knows about these stories, please don't give it away in the comments section. I'll put a poll on the side of the blog so the voting can begin as to which story is the lie. So, without further ado, here is the first story....


L and K, my roommates, thought "Biology Boy" (a.k.a. Ben) was so cute. Every day after biology class I had to hear them gush over him. To each other. Because heaven forbid they actually talk to him. Or even look in his direction. In fact, the only reason we knew his real name is that I had happened to catch a glimpse of his paper with his name written at the top. L was just too shy to talk to him. And K thought she was flirting with a boy if she so much as smiled at him.

One day I got so tired of hearing about Ben knowing full well neither of them had any intentions of ever doing anything about it. So, I decided to do something about it. I called the college operator and got his phone number. And then I called him. And we talked. For a long time. I, of course, was using an alias because L and K would kill me if I used their real names and I personally had no interest in him. I flirted like he was the last man alive. He ate it up like candy. So much so that he wanted to know where I lived. Which of course I lied about. And wouldn't luck be on my side when he said he knew ALL of the girls in that apartment and he knew I was not one of them. I quickly hung up the phone.

A minute later it rang. L, K, and I yelled to everyone in the house NOT to answer the phone.
Our roommate answered the phone.

We were wildly shaking our heads to NOT give him any information.
She told him where we lived.

5 minutes later there was a knock at our door. We told everyone NOT to answer the door.
Our roommate answered the door.

L, K, and I ran for the back bedroom, leaped into the air, and landed with a thud, one on top of the other in between both beds. Luckily, at Ricks College, there was a rule that no boys were allowed in the bedrooms. A few minutes later we heard the door close. We tiptoed out of the bedroom and found our roommate. She then proceeded to tell us how not only did she tell the boys (we found out there were 5 boys that had come over! At midnight!) MY and only MY name, but she found my photo album and showed him pictures of ME so he could be sure to recognize me the following day in biology class.

I didn't go to biology class the next day.



5 comments:

Kat said...

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that story!!!!

Isaiah and Emily Smith Family said...

I thought you went to the Y???

Anonymous said...

Knowing you and L and K I think the whole thing is true and that you probably told him that your real name was lolita........and that your favorite food was warm brownies .......and................that is what I think and I am sticking to it.....now you figure out who I am...

Janessa Taylor said...

So...I imagine this one is true. HILARIOUS!!! Ok, now tell one from when WE were neighbors!! :)

Nikki said...

whoa. but really, do you feel that you deserved that?