Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Story #2

I was so excited! I was packing up my little maroon truck, getting ready for the trek to Oregon. It was going to be a full weekend of snowboarding with my man. As I was walking across the parking lot, arms filled with snowboarding gear and my duffle bag, I gracefully slipped on a patch of ice and went flying into the air. I landed on the ice alongside my belongings. Quickly I looked around to see if anyone had seen my clumsiness in all of its glory. Luckily only my (now laughing) roommate. I picked myself up, grabbed my gear, and put it into the truck. I then limped my way back to my apartment. Within a matter of minutes it was as big as my behind. Later that day it was confirmed broken.

Monday morning found me walking between two friends to our spanish class. I, in my big black boot, would be getting my leg cast in a matter of hours. It had been three long days. We were within a few hundred feet of the building when all of a sudden a familiar air-born feeling was upon me. I once again found myself in the air, only this time I landed on my nose instead of my leg. Through gritted teeth I told my friends to stop laughing. Blood was quickly staining the white snow.

And then all of a sudden I was being carried in someone's arms. I looked up into the face of LaMar, our spanish class comrade. I protested, but he would not put me down. We were headed to the Student Health Center on campus to get an x-ray of my nose. And then the unmentionable, that has been mentioned twice already, happened. Within a few feet of the building, LaMar slipped on the ice, which threw me into the air. I landed on the ground with a thud. LaMar landed on top of my booted broken leg with a bigger thud.

LaMar was later recognized as "Man of the Year" at Ricks College.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way this has to be the LIE!

Janae said...

If it was anywhere other than Rexburg, Idaho, I'd say lie. That ice is a death trap!

I say truth.

Shannon said...

Are you kidding me? Are you always this accident prone? Love your stories. Kate!

Anonymous said...

This has to be true!! No one could make up a story like that!!! And it sounds like you!!~! So funny!

Heidi said...

Boy, what an eventful life you've led! Love your story telling, I'm not sure yet which is true. Can't wait for story #3.

Nikki said...

Hmm. Googling LaMar to find him, and get the real scoop

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new family picture...sure hope you plan on sending one to your mama.......don't forget her please...

Jody LaFlamme said...

I love your new picture it's so cute!

Mike and Jenny said...

Truth. LOVE the new family pic.

Lorna said...

Kate,I found your blog and it's so fun to read-not just your great creative writing but your mothering experiences because they sound oh so similar to mine. Hope you guys are enjoying Arizona and medical school:).