Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here Comes Trouble


In my social work years, I learned real quick,
some kids were made cuter, but it's a sneaky trick.

You see, the cuter they come, the bigger the trouble-makers.
and God made them just like that so there'd be takers.

You don't believe me? Then you tell me,
when's the last time you stayed mad at a cu-tie?

I should've seen the red flag when this little guy came out,
because he's as cute as a button, without a doubt.

With that being said, I'm sure you can guess
how potty-training's going, and who's having success.

I'll give you one clue, it's not this girl,
but I'll spare you the details so you won't hurl.

Yep, he's as cute as can be, but it comes with a price.
You never know if he'll be naughty or nice.

So remember the next time you say you want a cute one,
you might soon be wishing you were a childless nun!



Edited to add: Please know that this poem was written only as comedic relief for a frustrated-potty-training-parent. I know that I am very blessed to have my children, and would never wish that I did not have them (even if one poops all over my floor).


12 comments:

Jody LaFlamme said...

Oh no! Well if it makes you feel any better my nephew is potty training too and decided the best place to do it was they playground at school. Now we all call him the playgroud pooper.

megwrites said...

I'm impressed that you're trying to potty train Landon already. Lucy is just barely managing it all by herself. I mean, she has been using the potty for about six months, but she just barely started going on her own without me hauling her to the bathroom all the time. Isabel wasn't really fully potty trained until she was like four. So good luck!

Nancy said...

Oh Landon! He is too cute to stay mad at- not that I've ever been mad at him- but I knew at first glance that he'd be able to get a way with most anything if I was the one in charge. But then again he's never pooped on my floor, so I'll reserve judgement on the looks getting out of trouble disscussion.

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

Take it from me, an unbiased observer, he definitely has the cute looks! Potty training was definitely NOT my forte. Take cheer, by the time he turns five and goes to kindergarten just one day, he will magicaly become potty trained! Oooo that is rather depressing.

Kat said...

You are hilarious!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hand the colored marshmellows to Izak and turn the potty training job over to him. It worked for all of you.........(though I do remember you having Seth sit on the potty pretty much non stop until he got the hang of things)...I only potty trained Dirk...after that you kids did the job

Nikki said...

I am thoroughly convinced that is the reason that I have gorgeous children...

Anonymous said...

Man your Talent is amazing! Seriously!! You totally just made a poem about something random to talk about! I am so impressed! but not surprised..thats my friend Kate!!

Are you just going comando on the training??(I need to do it....dont want to do it.....!)

Isaiah and Emily Smith Family said...

Be grateful it isn't diarrhea. That could be a nightmare to clean up...

Mike and Jenny said...

He is awfully cute Kate. Good luck! Love the poem.

Brewer's Ink said...

Better YOUR floor than having human sized rabbit pellets leading all the way from the Thomas the Train table to the bathroom at Barnes and Noble! Yep, that one was fun.
Better luck tomorrow!

Heidi said...

Oh, boy! I'm not looking forward to that at all. But, just like I didn't look forward to labor, I survived it. I'm looking at potty-training with the same attitude. Hang in there!