Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Friends at First Sight

(Knock at the door)
Me: Hello
Random Boy: Hi. Is there a boy here with brown hair that comes about to my shoulders?
Me: Um, I have a son named Izak, is that who you're talking about?
Random Boy: I don't know. Someone just told me that there was a boy here that might be able to come ride bikes with me.
Me: Well, we're about to take naps right now, maybe he can later today though (With me riding behind him, pulling Landon in the bike trailer, of course. You know, so Izak feels super cool and like a big-boy.)
Random Boy: Okay, I'll come back later.


(Later on at Costco...)
Izak: Mom, we need to hurry so we can get home before it's dark.
Me: Why?
Izak: Because I'm suppose to go ride bikes with my friend.


So, if any of you are looking for a friend with brown hair that's about 5'7'', just come a knockin'...


3 comments:

Nikki said...

yea, Karina has a "friend" that I cannot get rid of now - he is about ELEVEN years old?
What on earth does this child want with mine?
Finally today - he saw me start walking to the door, then I turned and started walking the other way. INcrEDIBly RUDE, but really - I have only told him no about ninety thousand times.

Jody LaFlamme said...

That is so cute. When my brother was little and we moved he went door to door asking everyone if they had a kid his age. It was really cute!

Anonymous said...

I am looking for a friend that's about 5'7" SHE has brown hair and I wish she could play everyday!!

MISS YOU!