Monday, August 24, 2009

Me So Smart


Ever since my brother showed up to the same math class as me (even though I was in high school and he was in junior high) I've made it my personal mission to remind others of my intelligence every chance I get. Here are just a few (of many!) examples of my smarts...

Example 1
Kate: I don't think that really looks that much like Michael Scott (speaking of a life-size cut-out at the NBC store in NYC)
Dave: That's NOT Michael Scott, Kate, it's Matt Lauer

Example 2
My sister: So, while I lived in Denmark, I toured a lot of different countries in Europe
Kate: So, did you visit China? (This was in high school, I now know that China is in Africa)

Example 3
While playing catch phrase:
Brother-in-law: (clue) He walked on the moon
Dave: (answer) Neil Armstrong
Kate: (laughing so hard until I found out he was right)
Dave: You were thinking Lance Armstrong weren't you?
Kate: Maybe...


And just so you all know how Dave and I ended up together...

Dave: (laughing) Did you see what that says on the side of that truck?
Kate: You mean the one that says "Bigelow"?
Dave: Yah, isn't that such a funny name for a business?
Kate: Why?
Dave: Get it, b-i-g-o-l-o.
Kate: Um, Dave, are you thinking of "Gigolo"?
Dave: Ooohh.


12 comments:

Mike and Jenny said...

You're funny Kate - I seem to find myself doing similar things quite often...

Alison said...

ROFL... seriously! Hysterical. Love it!

Perfect way to start the morning! Gives me a minute to think about how smart I am.

Hinkson Family said...

I just saw your comment. We might be in Utah for Christmas. That would be fun to get together. Our family is back together again, and we had a little girl, who is now a year and a half old. I like your blog. You really are funny. Let's keep in touch.
Ralph's email, ralphlancehinkson@hotmail.com

Amy said...

You are hilarious. I am right there with you, these totally sound like things I would say or do. I also now know philladelphia is in chicago. LOL!!

Jody LaFlamme said...

ha ha I totally have those moments! It makes for a good laugh at least!

Janae said...

Ha ha. Some of those events sound very familiar to me...

Janessa Taylor said...

Omigosh, that is HILARIOUS!!!! You are so funny! I have the SAME "smartness" that you have, Lolita...don't worry :) You're not alone :)

Anonymous said...

hey..........ALL of my kids are smart......some are just a bit smarter than others!!! however, that being said......you are incredibly intelligent, sensitive, beautiful, humorous, etc. etc. etc....now do you feel good?? because you always make me and everyone else feel good!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Kate what did you mean by "China is in Africa"?

Jaron

Brewer's Ink said...

I don't get it!
Can someone please draw me a picture?

megwrites said...

Sounds like me. I am always saying really weird things and I am pretty convinced I am right (until Seth proves me wrong).

Nancy said...

Things are really starting to make sense to me know. I'm hoping that by being your friend some of your infinite wisdom will rub off.
Hope all is well!