Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Moping Around with Nothing To Do

So, for those who don't know, the lovely Sargeant with whom we've had the privilege to work, once again decided to play a trick on our little family. Yep, that's right, Dave did not end up going to Officer Training. This means that we are homeless and incomeless (good word isn't it?!) for quite a while. So, in true Martell fashion, we've been mourning our awful situation as we hope you will for us too. We've been having an awful time, cursing the name of the Sargeant and living in a cardboard box. See for yourselves...


Bryce Canyon


Zion National Park


We decided to torture ourselves by going to Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, St. George, Las Vegas (where we got to meet up with one of my favorite people ever-Betsy!), Park City, floating down the Provo River, and we'll be leaving for Oregon on Friday. As you can tell, our lives have been RUINED by that dang Sargeant!

8 comments:

April said...

What? That makes ME want to be homeless! So, what's the plan now???

Did you get my email???

Anonymous said...

oh i LOVE floating down the provo river!
and dave isn't going to texas at all?
man that is crazy!
and that guy that's supposed to be setting things up for you has really messed things up a million times now!
my goodness. sounds ridiculous!
you're coming to oregon this weekend?
how long are you staying?? i hope we can hang out! come to portland! we have lots of room!! love you!

Janessa Taylor said...

Omigosh, so nice to get in touch with you!! Of COURSE I remember YOU!! Lolita, so fun... So you have two kids! That's awesome! I'm just on my first--got married at the ripe "old age" of 25, and now I'm 27 and finally getting to the kids part :) Anyway, I'll put your blog link on mine and we'll stay in touch!

Anonymous said...

yay a post ! You know I feel completely detatched from you when you leave your blog for awhile! I am glad things are turning out for you and I am SO excited to see you soon down here in HELL! (Sorry but really its the only way to describe this heat! 112 for like the 4th day running!) Even the pool doesnt feel good cause its like bath water! Oh well I am still enjoying myself and again cant wait to see you guys! I really do miss ALL of you! Tell Dave "hi" I love your blogs new facelift....

Kat said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun!!!! I am very excited to have you guys down here!!! But its way, way hot down here too, and our pool feels like bath water too! Not fun.

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I too was bummed that I didn't get to say good bye. I wasn't really thinking when my sister needing help on their sprinkler system . We decided to go straight from that to our vacation. All I was thinking was that I have until Thursday to say good bye. Well we left Tuesday evening and you know...

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I could share in your homelessness. I had so much fun with you guys! Now get back to Utah so I can get my fill of you before you leave! Really I love you guys

Betsy Fowler said...

i have to say that i am thrilled i made the blog! almost as thrilled as I was to see you kate! I love you!!!!!!