Sunday, April 20, 2008

It Pays To Not Abuse Your Children...and I Love Being Old!

So, Dave and I participated in a race yesterday against Child Abuse. Whenever I do races, I never pay to enter the race unless it's a worthy cause (I just run it and tell them at the end that I didn't register so I don't mess up the rankings). This race was DEFINITELY for a worthy cause and I was excited to be able to support such an important issue. It made me grateful that Dave and I have discussed this issue at length and came up with alternatives for those times that we feel frustrated with our children (NOT that it EVER happens-but in the event that it ever did...ha,ha) so that we don't turn to violence. Anyways...
The great news is that both Dave and I placed! I placed 3rd overall, but because I'm an oldie, I got first in my division!! I couldn't believe it. (I have to insert here a story about a very cute client with whom I work. For some reason about a month ago we got talking about how I run and that I was going to do this race. Ever since then, every time he saw me he reminded me of how many weeks and days I had until the race. And every time he told me I was going to win. At one point I really tried to explain to him that I'm really not that good, so I probably wouldn't win, but he would not hear of it. I didn't have the heart to tell him I had never actually won a race in my life because he was so sure I was going to win. So, I was so excited to be able to tell him that I did win!) I was also super excited, because I won a $50 gift card to Target. Dave won 3rd in his old men's division and won a $20 gift card to a restaurant. We were super excited about our winnings! Here's a picture of us after our race...

4 comments:

Kat said...

Congratulations! That is great! I think its awesome that you guys did that. I am NOT a runner ( as you already know ) so I really admire those who do. And if I were you I would be the MOST excited about those winnings, especially the 50 dollars from Target.

Luisa said...

nice sweat stains dave.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS GUYS!!! :) DESS

megwrites said...

You guys are so awesome! I can't believe you did that well...I mean, I totally expected you to do that well! Anyway, congrats!