Friday, May 14, 2010

(Protecting himself (if you know what I mean) and others from temper tantrum-throwing moms)

I could see what was coming. A big, huge, fat, ugly melt down. I decided the best thing to be done would be to get the guilty party to go lay down and take a nap quickly before the volcano erupted that was beginning to boil inside.

So, that is exactly what I did.

I marched my grumpy, fit-throwing self straight to my bedroom.

Laid down on my bed.

And closed my eyes.

At 10:30 in the morning.

A few minutes later I heard little feet shuffling into my room. "I tired too Mommy." And Landon slipped himself into the sleeping bag that has permanently taken up residence next to my bed.

An hour and a half later Izak comes into the room. "Mommy, can I be all done with quiet time?" I look at the clock. 12:15pm. I tell Izak to go get ready for preschool. "Preschool?! At night?! I don't have preschool at night!"

(Because "normally" nap time is closely followed by dinner time which is closely followed by bed time. Except for times such as these. You know, when I'm about to freakishly freak out on my children for just being children.)

5 comments:

Alison said...

Too funnnnny... But I have to say that I can't imagine you 'freakin' out! You are one of my most calm friends.

Anonymous said...

What a great Idea! I think I'll do that next time I want to Freakishly freak out on my kids! Kate I love you!

Kat said...

That picture of Izak is hilarious! Maybe you were about to "erupt" because of lack of girls nights in...:) We need to have one asap, so like September since you will be a traveling fool this summer! Have a great weekend!

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

Kate, I cannot tell you how much Ray and I laughed and laughed remembering all the time outs I gave myself and the one child who always had to come in and the other whom I always forgot about and usually fell asleep herself.

Your blog took me right back to parenting little children and:
1. Mommy time outs
2. The blankets and pillow on the floor by my side of the bed
3. Forgetting the one child who usually entertaied herself.

You rock as a mom!!!!

mid said...

https://www.duniaeni.com/2019/03/tips-bijak-kredit-tanpa-agunan.html